Find Lasik Eye Surgeons Easily by Zip Code, City or State
Looking for a local Lasik Surgeon? Check out our growing directory of top Lasik Surgeons across the United States. Finding a Lasik Surgeon is quick and easy!
5 Top Lasik Benefits
Ever wonder what LASIK stands for? Approved in 1995 by the Food and Drug Administration, LASIK stands for Laser in-situ Keratomileusis. Basically it is the most comonly performed laser eye surgery today. LASIK offers a great option for those looking to lose the glasses or contacts. This can be useful to both people in the professional workforce, athletes, military pilots, or just on a personal level for comfort and daily functioning. LASIK has a solid success rate and proven track record over many years. LASIK is an elective surgery and should be carefully researched.
Results do vary between patients.
5 Top Lasik Risks
- 95% - 98% percent of patients laser vision correction treatment results in at least 20/40 vision without correction.
The majority of people get their desired vision.
- The procedure itself has minimal pain and only takes 1 to 2 minutes per eye.
- Most LASIK patients return to their normal activities by the next day.
- The results are almost immediate typically on the same day of the procedure.
- The majority of patients no longer need their glasses or contacts. Adjustments can be made over the years to further improve vision.
These risks/side effects although less common may occur.
- Dry Eyes, often temporary but sometimes longer term.
- Loss of night time vision quality typically in the form of halos, starbursts or glare around sources of light.
- Eyesight regression
- Under correction or over correction
- The occurrence of seeing halos around images.
* Additional risks and side effects do occur. Always consult with your eye care professional to understand both the potential risks and side effects. It's important to understand if you are a good candidate or not.